United Europe is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
United Europe may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st January 2011.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, surname, identity/passport number, home & work address & job title
- contact information including email address and next of kin
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys, the journey you have in mind and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services and the involvement of third party service providers (This is defined as ‘further processing’ as defined in the and the Protection of Personal Information Act (4/2013)(‘POPI’)
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided but you are entitled at any time to advise us in writing to stop sharing such information with you.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information (including your ‘personal information’ as defined in POPI) is secure.
- In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- We ensure the integrity & confidentiality of your personal information whilst in our possession or under our control
- We will do so by ‘taking appropriate, reasonable technical and organizational measures’ (as defined in POPI)
- Such ‘measures’ will prevent (as defined in POPI)
o ‘loss of, damage to or unauthorized destruction of PI’; &
o ‘unlawful access to or processing of PI’
o Identify ‘all reasonably foreseeable internal & external risks’
- Such ‘measures’ will endeavour to (as defined in POPI)
o ‘establish and maintain safeguards against such risks’
o ‘regularly verify these safeguards are effectively implemented’
o ‘ensure such safeguards are regularly updated’ given ‘new risks and deficiencies in previously implemented safeguards’
- We will meet the POPI Compliance standard namely we will have ‘due regard’ to ‘generally accepted information security practices’ applicable to it generally OR ‘specific industry or professional rules & regulations’ (as defined in POPI)
- We will advise you in writing if our security has been breached
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. By accepting this policy, you agree that the file may be added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways as required by POPI:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have provided such permission.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under POPI. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will advise you the applicable fee and upon payment thereof, we will supply you with the information
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, has changed or must be deleted, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect or delete the applicable information. We also in the case of the latter provide you with proof of such deletion.
Please note that you are deemed to guarantee that any information supplied by you is complete, accurate and up to date.